Volume / Fuel tank capacity of the Skoda Octavia
What is the fuel tank capacity (petrol and diesel) of the Skoda Octavia and Skoda Fabia in all four generations? Brief information including range and risk of "overfueling" can be found below. What about tanks size and reserve?
What is the maximum volume?
The volumes quoted by the manufacturer are the same as how much you can fill up an empty tank (when the filling gun at the petrol station stops). However, there are known cases where the Fabia has managed to fill up to 54 litres through the filler gun stop in the case of the Fabia!
This can be done by venting the volume of the tank when filling (by pressing the lever valve of the tank neck). However, this is strongly discouraged. This is because the fuel temperature is usually around 10 °C and if the fuel were to warm up in a warmer environment it would start to expand and you could easily leak a few litres out through the vent.
Tank capacity Skoda Octavia
- Skoda Octavia I. generation tank capacity: 55 litres
- Skoda Octavia II. generation tank capacity: 55 litres
- Skoda Octavia III. generation tank capacity: 50 litres
- Skoda Octavia IV. generation tank capacity: 39,5 litres
According to the manual, approximately 7 litres in the tank is reserved as a reserve (i.e. remaining after the indicator light comes on)
Fuel tank capacity Skoda Fabia
- Tank capacity of Skoda Fabia I. generation: 45 litres
- Tank capacity of Skoda Fabia II. generation: 45 litres
- Tank capacity for Skoda Fabia III. generation: 45 litres
- Tank capacity for Skoda Fabia IV. generation: 40 litres